All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Sports Coaching is a thorough and engaging guide for all sports coaching students and practitioners. Drawing on real-life case studies and examples, the book is designed to develop practical coaching skills and provides readers with the methods and tools they need to become an expert coach. Structured around all facets of the coaching process, the text comprehensively covers topics such as: * preparation for coaching * mentoring * the philosophy of coaching * direct intervention * coaching methods * the use of modern techlogy. The book's practical approach allows the reader to consider common challenges faced by coaches, suggesting solutions to performance concerns and preparing students for the realities of professional sports coaching. A companion website containing presentation slides and useful weblinks makes the book a complete resource for students and lecturers alike. Practical Sports Coaching helps to bridge the gap between theory and practical coaching skills, and is an essential text for coaching students looking to deepen their understanding of sports coaching and experienced coaches developing their own practical skills.
- Author BiographyChristine Nash is currently Deputy Head of the Institute for Sport, Physical Education and Health Sciences at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, UK, and also Programme Director for the new online MSc in Sport Coaching and Performance. She was a national swimming coach in the UK and has coached in the USA. She is currently involved in supporting coach education with a variety of sports. She is a member of the Coaching Standards Group, the committee that endorses coach education courses in the UK. She also sits on the research committee of the International Council for Coaching Excellence.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note58 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 51 black & white line drawings
- Weight730 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristine Nash
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.