All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Statistical Methods: A SAS Programming Approach presents a broad spectrum of statistical methods useful for researchers without an extensive statistical background. In addition to nparametric methods, it covers methods for discrete and continuous data. Omitting mathematical details and complicated formulae, the text provides SAS programs to carry out the necessary analyses and draw appropriate inferences for common statistical problems. After introducing fundamental statistical concepts, the author describes methods used for quantitative data and continuous data following rmal and nrmal distributions. She then focuses on regression methodology, highlighting simple linear regression, logistic regression, and the proportional hazards model. The final chapter briefly discusses such miscellaneous topics as propensity scores, misclassification errors, interim analysis, conditional power, bootstrap, and jackknife. With SAS code and output integrated throughout, this book shows how to interpret data using SAS and illustrates the many statistical methods available for tackling problems in a range of fields, including the pharmaceutical industry and the social sciences.
- Author BiographyLakshmi V. Padgett is a senior manager at Centocor. She has more than 15 years of industrial experience and has published several papers in various leading journals. She also co-authored Block Designs: Analysis, Combinatorics and Applications. She earned a Ph.D. from Temple University.
- Author(s)Lakshmi Padgett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 67 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.