Practical Teaching Methods K-6: Sparking the Flame of Learning by Margaret A. McNutt, Pamela Fannin Wilkinson, Esther S. Friedman (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Gleaned from decades of practice, this is a harvest of wisdom, gathered from the intuition and invention of three gifted teachers. Their jargon-free collection of lessons will serve educators at all stages of professional development. Their suggestions restore human thought and communication to the educative process' - Frances Monteverde, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas. This book is designed primarily for K-6 teachers and administrators who wish to examine where they are and where they might go. Each chapter discusses the elements of good teaching in the content areas, providing real examples from real schools, followed by reflections and assessment tips.The format allows teachers to use single chapters to concentrate on a particular subject area, or to use the entire book as a professional development tool that can renew, re-energize, and reinvigorate teaching practices for individuals or for a school's faculty as a whole. Using national standards as a framework, the authors focus on all of the major content areas, including mathematics, science, social studies, techlogy, and more. They address issues such as professional growth, and the many difficulties faced daily by teachers, while focusing on instructional strengths that emerge when thoughtful and curious teachers guide attentive and curious students. Teachers w have one clear Handbook that covers virtually all the curricular areas in grades K-6.
- Author BiographyPamela Fannin Wilkinson is a writer, teacher, and consultant for education and business with more than twenty years of experience. She served as an Artist-in-Education under Texas Commission on the Arts and publishes regularly. Pam develops programs for public and private schools, as well as for businesses. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas. Margaret A. McNutt has over twenty years of experience in both public and private education at all grade levels. Her roles include classroom teacher, administrator, curriculum developer, and technology designer. Margaret serves as a consultant to schools regarding staff development, student achievement in all subject areas, and technology design. Margaret holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Master of Arts degree in Education from Austin College, Sherman, Texas. She is a candidate for a Ph.D. in English from the University of Houston. Esther S. Friedman has extensive experience as teacher, school administrator, program developer, and trainer for both parent and teacher groups in public and private settings. She has served in organizations at the national, state, and local level. Esther holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education from State University of New York at Potsdam and a Master of Library Science degree in School Library and Media from the University of Oklahoma. She is a candidate for an Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Houston. Margaret A. McNutt has over 20 years of experience in both public and private education at all grade levels. Her roles include classroom teacher, administrator, curriculum developer, and tech-nology designer. Margaret serves as a consultant to schools regarding staff development, student achievement in all subject areas, and technology design. Margaret holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Master of Arts degree in Education from Austin College, Sherman, Texas. She is a candidate for a Ph.D. in English from the University of Houston.
- Author(s)Esther S. Friedman,Margaret A. McNutt,Pamela Fannin Wilkinson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.