All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionProvides readers with the methods, algorithms, and means to perform text mining tasks This book is devoted to the fundamentals of text mining using Perl, an open-source programming tool that is freely available via the Internet (www.perl.org). It covers mining ideas from several perspectives--statistics, data mining, linguistics, and information retrieval--and provides readers with the means to successfully complete text mining tasks on their own. The book begins with an introduction to regular expressions, a text pattern methodology, and quantitative text summaries, all of which are fundamental tools of analyzing text. Then, it builds upon this foundation to explore: Probability and texts, including the bag-of-words model Information retrieval techniques such as the TF-IDF similarity measure Concordance lines and corpus linguistics Multivariate techniques such as correlation, principal components analysis, and clustering Perl modules, German, and permutation tests Each chapter is devoted to a single key topic, and the author carefully and thoughtfully introduces mathematical concepts as they arise, allowing readers to learn as they go without having to refer to additional books. The inclusion of numerous exercises and worked-out examples further complements the book's student-friendly format. Practical Text Mining with Perl is ideal as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in text mining and as a reference for a variety of professionals who are interested in extracting information from text documents.
- Author BiographyRoger Bilisoly , PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Statistics at Central Connecticut State University, where he developed and teaches a new graduate-level course in text mining for the school's data mining program.
- Author(s)Roger Bilisoly
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleWiley Series on Methods and Applications in Data Mining
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width181 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.