All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only modern guide to the practical aspects of tunnel construction, this book provides readable, n-technical discussion of all factors of driving a tunnel, from introductory topics to comprehensive analyses of geotechnical considerations. Engineers, construction contractors, and other professionals involved in driven tunnel projects will gain insight into the state-of-the-art of tunnel construction, learn about the effects of geotechnical conditions on tunneling, and be able to choose the best tunneling method for a given situation, whether TBM, EPB, Roadheader, NATM, Drill & Blast, or soft ground tunneling.
- Author BiographyGARY B. HEMPHILL, PhD, PE, has more than thirty years of experience in the domestic and international construction industry. He has served as the project manager, designer, estimator, construction manager, field engineer, tunnel/shaft engineer, and project engineer on major projects throughout the world, including the Dallas Area Rapid Transit rail extension and the Taiwan High Speed Rail Project. He is the author of Blasting Operations.
- Author(s)Gary B. Hemphill
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight706 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.