All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at library science students and librarians with newly assigned administrative duties the book is about improving one's thinking and decision making in a role as a library manager. Most librarians get very little exposure to management issues prior to finding themselves in a management role. Furthermore, most library science students do t expect that they will need to understand management yet they quickly find that there is a need to understand this perspective to be effective at almost any library job. Effective library management is about having some tools to make decisions (such as a basic understanding of management theory and how it applies in the library environment, understanding common traps we all fall into, etc.), kwing yourself, being able to motivate others, fostering a diversity (especially within workgroups), being able to communicate effectively, and having an understanding of one's organizational culture. The book touches on all of these aspects of library management.
- Author BiographyDr Richard Moniz is the Director of Library Services at Johnson & Wales University's Charlotte Campus and an adjunct professor for the Library and Information Studies program at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Prior to his current position he served as the Director of Library Services and Head of Information Technology at Johnson & Wales University's North Miami Campus. He has taught undergraduate classes in history and computers as well as the graduate classes in Information Sources and Services and Library Administration and Management which he currently teaches for UNC-G. He has published in Library Journal, College & Undergraduate Libraries, and Library Leadership and Management. In addition to serving as President of Metrolina Library Association in 2007, Dr. Moniz currently serves on the American Library Association's Library Leadership & Management's Planning and Evaluating Library Services and Continuing Education committees.
- Author(s)Richard J. Moniz
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.