All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo, educational reform is on the national agenda. We want better education with t much more money, students who want to learn, teachers who want to teach, industry who can select from our students without going abroad for talent. Everybody says they want it, but what's the problem here? This book has the simplest of purposes, which is to return students to their natural human accord with learning as the basis of educational reform. It describes how students have been separated from their innate proclivity to learn; how we have allowed the pervasive rationalism of our culture to dominate our approach to learning and consequently, to our educational system, which is obviously ineffective. It illustrates how practical and sensible learning can return our students to the joy and excitement of learning. This work contends that when we strive to develop and activate an education process that reflects more direct connection to the process of natural learning, and test it in actual practice, we will find that the results will offer educational reform that provides effective learning opportunities to all. Commentary about Practical & Sensible Learning: I agree with Deane Tank. We learn when we connect the learning to something of value to us. His book examines a learning community created by all stakeholders working together. The focus is always on bringing about meaningful and lasting learning for all students. Nina Koelpin, Ph.D. is a secondary school teacher with over 30 years experience. The debate about how to improve education in the United States has been going on for decades w. Some people advocate for more accountability; others for more funding. Deane Tank argues for more and deeper thinking about exactly what it is we are trying to do. Practical and Sensible Learning is an important contribution. Daniel Grego, Ph.D. Executive Director of TransCenter for Youth, Inc., a nprofit, community-based organization that operates three secondary schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Author BiographyDeane H. Tank Ph.D. My doctoral research and teaching centered around the philosophy of learning., and my current focus is on the reform of public secondary schools. My life joy connects to the sea - particularly sailing - and the illustrations and stories I used for this book, make me laugh.
- Author(s)Deane Tank
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.