Practically Speaking by J Dan Rothwell, Professor J Dan Rothwell (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $79.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFresh and Practical Advice You Will NeedSound Scholarship You Can TrustAll at a Price You Won't Believe Practically Speaking is a brief text that covers the essentials of public speaking without sacrificing student interest or sound scholarship. Using a conversational and edgy style, author Dan Rothwell gives practical advice and a fresh perspective on classic and contemporary theories and research. This essential guide provides students with a solid foundation in public speaking and then teaches them how to add their own voices to the conversation. Features* Each chapter follows the rules of good organizational logic presented in Chapter 7* Unique and humorous examples, stories, quotations, photos, and cartoons; intense, dramatic, and poignant illustrations; vivid language and metaphors; and startling statistics and historical facts* Numerous pop-culture references and newsworthy events * More than 500 sources, both classic and contemporary* The Communication Competence Model, carefully developed in Chapter 1, serves as the theoretical basis for all advice offered * A unique Chapter (9), Skepticism: Becoming Critical Thinking Speakers and Listeners * A separate chapter on speech anxiety* A full chapter on gaining and maintaining attention* Two full chapters on persuasive speaking that provide theoretical explanations for general and specific persuasive strategies
- Author BiographyJ. Dan Rothwell is chair of the Communication Studies Department at Cabrillo College. Dr. Rothwell has received numerous teaching awards, including among others: the 2010 Ernest L. Boyer International Award for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology ; the 2010 Cabrillo College Innovative Teacher of the Year ; the 2011 National Communication Association Community College Educator of the Year award; and a 2012 official resolution by the California State Senate acknowledging Dr. Rothwell's excellence in teaching. Also in 2012, the Western States Communication Association awarded the Cabrillo College Communication Studies department, under the leadership of Dr. Rothwell, the Model Communication Studies award.
- Author(s)J Dan Rothwell,Professor J Dan Rothwell
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.