All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow fully updated to reflect the changing social work landscape and with an expanded section on improving emotional resilience, this book is an invaluable guide for Practice Educators and Practice Supervisors undertaking learning and assessment to gain and maintain Stage 1 or 2 status under the Practice Educator Professional Standards for Social Work (2013) and for those involved in facilitating the learning, support, assessment and CPD of Practice Educators. Intended to enhance the learning and assessment of Practice Educators, it covers all key areas within Practice Educator training and offers guidance on the application of key skills and kwledge in supporting, assessing and teaching social work students and managing the placement. It will particularly assist Practice Educators to: * Understand and implement effective supervision of social work students * Understand holistic assessment of practice; assessing in line with capability levels expected at the end of first and final placement * Deal with weaker or failing students.
- Author BiographyPam Field is a registered social worker with a background in probation, youth offending and substance misuse work. Having become a Practice Educator in 1998, she was Practice Learning Coordinator for a NW Local Authority from 2005-2009, when she moved to the School of Social Work, Care and Community at UClan as part of the Practice Learning Team. She is currently Senior Lecturer in Social Work and Work-based Learning Team Lead. Pam holds the Practice Teaching Award and is a Stage 2 Practice Educator. She has been on the Committee of the National Organisation for Practice Teaching since 2007. Cathie Jasper is a registered social worker and has practised with children and families, mainly with young people leaving care. While working as a practitioner, Cathie gained the Child Care Award and the Practice Teaching Award and was a Practice Educator of social work students. Since leaving direct social work practice, Cathie has been involved in the training of others, as a training officer for a NW local authority, a voluntary organisation, and as a member of MMU's social work department since 2009. She is currently a Senior Lecturer in Social Work where she teaches qualifying and post-qualifying students. Lesley Littler is a registered social worker with a professional background in the Probation Service, Youth Offending and Family Court Welfare. Lesley has been a Practice Educator since 1986 and, while working in professional practice, took on the role of Specialist Practice Educator demonstratng her longstanding commitment to the professional development of others. She holds the Practice Teaching Award and is currently a Stage 2 Practice Educator. Lesley has worked in Higher Education for over 17 years. She is currently an Academic Advisor at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Author(s)Cathie Jasper,Lesley Littler,Pam Field
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCritical Skills for Social Work
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Weight334 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.