Practice of Cloud System Administration: DevOps and SRE Practices for Web Services: Volume 2 by Strata R. Chalup, Christina J. Hogan, Thomas A. Limoncelli (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's an incredible amount of depth and thinking in the practices described here, and it's impressive to see it all in one place. -Win Treese, coauthor of Designing Systems for Internet Commerce The Practice of Cloud System Administration, Volume 2, focuses on distributed or cloud computing and brings a DevOps/SRE sensibility to the practice of system administration. Unsatisfied with books that cover either design or operations in isolation, the authors created this authoritative reference centered on a comprehensive approach. Case studies and examples from Google, Etsy, Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon, and other industry giants are explained in practical ways that are useful to all enterprises. The new companion to the best-selling first volume, The Practice of System and Network Administration, Second Edition, this guide offers expert coverage of the following and many other crucial topics: Designing and building modern web and distributed systems * Fundamentals of large system design * Understand the new software engineering implications of cloud administration * Make systems that are resilient to failure and grow and scale dynamically * Implement DevOps principles and cultural changes * IaaS/PaaS/SaaS and virtual platform selection Operating and running systems using the latest DevOps/SRE strategies * Upgrade production systems with zero down-time * What and how to automate; how to decide what t to automate * On-call best practices that improve uptime * Why distributed systems require fundamentally different system administration techniques * Identify and resolve resiliency problems before they surprise you Assessing and evaluating your team's operational effectiveness * Manage the scientific process of continuous improvement * A forty-page, pain-free assessment system you can start using today
- Author BiographyThomas A. Limoncelli is an internationally recognized author, speaker, and system administrator with more than twenty years of experience at companies like Google, Bell Labs, and StackExchange.com. Strata R. Chalup has more than twenty-five years of experience in Silicon Valley, focusing on IT strategy, best-practices, and scalable infrastructures at firms that include Apple, Sun, Cisco, McAfee, and Palm. Christina J. Hogan has more than twenty years of experience in system administration and network engineering, from Silicon Valley to Italy and Switzerland. She has a master's degree in computer science, a doctorate in aeronautical engineering, and has been part of a Formula 1 racing team.
- Author(s)Christina J. Hogan,Strata R. Chalup,Thomas A. Limoncelli
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/09/2014
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight892 g
- Width181 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.