All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractices of Belief, the second volume of Nicholas Wolterstorff's collected papers, brings together his essays on epistemology from 1983 to 2008. It includes t only the essays which first presented 'Reformed epistemology' to the philosophical world, but also Wolterstorff's latest work on the topic of entitled (or responsible) belief and its intersection with religious belief. The volume presents five new essays and a retrospective essay that chronicles the changes in the course of philosophy over the last fifty years. Of interest to epistemologists, philosophers of religion, and theologians, Practices of Belief should engage a wide audience of those interested in the topic of whether religious belief can be responsibly formed and maintained in the contemporary world.
- Author BiographyNicholas Wolterstorff is Noah Porter Professor Emeritus of Philosophical Theology, Yale University, and Senior Fellow, Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture, University of Virginia. His many publications include Divine Discourse: Philosophical Reflections on the Claim that God Speaks (1995), John Locke and the Ethics of Belief (1996) and Thomas Reid and the Story of Epistemology (2001, 2004). Terence Cuneo is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Vermont. He is author of The Normative Web: An Argument for Moral Realism (2007) and editor of six books including The Cambridge Companion to Thomas Reid co-edited with Rene van Woudenberg (2004).
- Author(s)Nicholas P. Wolterstorff
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight840 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byTerence Cuneo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.