All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPracticing Convergence Journalism teaches budding journalists how to make the most of digital techlogy to tell their stories effectively across multiple media platforms-in print, audio, video and online. Janet Kolodzy addresses multi-media and cross-media thinking, organizing, reporting and producing for both short-form spot news and long-form features. Her approach focuses on storytelling principles, t just specific technical practices, providing journalists with the mindset and skills they need to adapt their writing and reporting for the tools of today and tomorrow. With this book and the aid of its companion website, students learn how to: * Develop a cross-media mode of journalistic thinking that will result in stories suitable for a fast-paced, multitasking and mobile audience. * Decide when visuals are useful and necessary, and understand how to capture, select and organize them to effectively enhance a reader's understanding of a story. * Put together various elements of storytelling (writing, audio, moving and still pictures) for an interactive journalistic experience.
- Author BiographyJanet Kolodzy is Associate Professor of Journalism at Emerson College. She is the author of Convergence Journalism: Writing and Reporting across the News Media, and has been a reporter, writer, and producer for newspapers and broadcast news.
- Author(s)Janet Kolodzy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.