All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPracticing Ethgraphy in Law brings together a selection of top scholars in legal anthropology, social sciences, and law to delineate the state of the art in ethgraphic research strategies. Each of these original essays addresses a particular set of analytical problems and uses these problems to explore issues of ethgraphic technique, research methodology, and the theoretical underpinnings of ethgraphic legal studies. Subjects explored include the relationship between legal and feminist scholarship, between law and the media, law and globalization, and the usefulness of a wide variety of research techniques: comparative, linguistic, life-history, interview, and archival. This volume will serve as a guide for students who are designing their own research projects, for scholars who are newly exploring the possibilities of ethgraphic research, and for experienced ethgraphers who are engaged with methodological issues in light of current theoretical developments. The book will be essential reading for courses in anthropological methods, legal anthropology, and sociology and law.
- Author BiographyJUNE STARR was one of the major figures in the ethnographic study of law and, until her death last year, was Professor at the Indiana University School of Law, USA. MARK GOODALE is Assistant Professor at the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University, Virginia, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication19/12/2002
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMark Goodale
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.