Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by af_books
- Est. delivery by 13 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith war and violence flaring all over the world, many of us are left feeling vulnerable and utterly helpless. In this book Pema Chodron draws on Buddhist teachings to explore the origins of aggression, hatred, and war, explaining that they lie where but within our own hearts and minds. She goes on to explain that the way in which we as individuals respond to challenges in our everyday lives can either perpetuate a culture of violence or create a new culture of compassion. War and peace begin in the hearts of individuals, declares Pema Chodron at the opening of this inspiring and accessible book. She goes on to offer practical techniques any of us can use to work for peace in our own lives, at the level of our habits of thought and action. It's never too late, she tells us, to look within and discover a new way of living and transform t only our personal lives but our whole world.
- Author BiographyPema ChOdrOn is an American Buddhist nun in the lineage of ChOgyam Trungpa. She is resident teacher at Gampo Abbey in Nova Scotia, the first Tibetan monastery in North America established for Westerners. She is the author of many books and audiobooks, including the best-selling When Things Fall Apart and Don't Bite the Hook.
- Author(s)Pema Chodron
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight118 g
- Width121 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.