All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor Healers and Teachers, Practical Guidance in Serving Others with PresenceWhat is the most essential trait for an effective healer or teacher? Yes, things like intelligence, skill, and compassion are important, explains Eckhart Tolle, but without presence, our work in service of others will fall short of its potential. Practicing Presence is a retreat for health practitioners, educators, spiritual teachers or anyone who shares wisdom with the bestselling author of A New Earth, offering more than seven hours of Eckhart s practical advice for those fostering transformation in others. Covering a wide range of challenges and concerns specific to the helping professions, Eckhart discusses: Rooting one s work in stillness to become a teacher of presence Finding the balance between structure and formlessness in your teaching or healing modality The question of readiness for the would-be teacher or healer Becoming comfortable with t kwing in order to make way for the arising of space consciousness the true source of healing Financial considerations and the inherent egoic risks of charging money for services To be there as body special simply as a field of awareness that s the essence of being a successful healer or teacher, explains Eckhart. For anyone working to support the well-being of others, Practicing Presence brings you an empowering series of pointers and guidelines for lasting transformation and healing.
- Author BiographyEckhart TolleSpiritual teacher and author Eckhart Tolle was born in Germany and educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. At the age of twenty-nine, a profound inner transformation radically changed the course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding, integrating, and deepening that transformation, which marked the beginning of an intense inward journey. Later, he began to work in London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada.Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Power of Now (translated into 33 languages) and the highly acclaimed follow-up A New Earth, which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time.Eckhart s profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening includes transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violent conflict endemic on our planet.Eckhart is a sought-after public speaker and teaches and travels extensively throughout the world. Many of his talks, intensives, and retreats are published on CD and DVD. Most of the teachings are given in English, but occasionally Eckhart also gives talks in German and Spanish. In addition to The Power of Now and A New Earth, Eckhart has written a book designed for meditative reading entitled Stillness Speaks. A book consisting of selections from The Power of Now entitled Practicing the Power of Now is also available. For more information on Eckhart Tolle, please visit eckharttolle.com.
- Author(s)Eckhart Tolle
- PublisherEckhart Teachings Inc
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationVancouver, BC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintEckhart Teachings Inc
- Weight159 g
- Width142 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time415
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.13New
- AU $24.77New
- AU $31.46New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.02
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.17
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.05
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $24.96Trending at AU $27.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.