All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can professionals learn more easily from their own experience? How can critical reflection be performed in a structured way? How can professionals maintain a critically reflective stance when contexts may be restrictive? Critical reflection in professional practice is popular across many different professions as a way of ensuring ongoing scrutiny and improved practice skills. This accessible handbook focuses on a description and analysis of the theoretical input as well as the approach involved in critical reflection. It also demonstrates some skills, strategies and tools which might be used to practise it. The cross-disciplinary approach taken by the authors will appeal to a wide range of students and professionals and combines neatly with useful discussion of the complex educational and professional issues which arise from the practice of critical reflection. An invative website containing a variety of useful resources accompanies the book. Resources include: extracts from workshops, interviews and lectures; additional articles and readings; sample material for workshop preparation. Throughout the book, the authors provide pertinent examples from their own practice, referring to relevant literature, providing antated bibliographies, and ting where additional resource materials are available to provide further illustration. Practising Critical Reflection is key reading for a variety of students across social work, health sciences and nursing, as well as health care and social welfare professionals.
- Author BiographyJan Fook is Professor in Social Work Studies at the University of Southampton, UK. From 2002-2006 she was Professor and Director, the Centre for Professional Development, La Trobe University, Australia. Fiona Gardner is Senior Lecturer and Director of the Centre for Professional Development at La Trobe University, Australia.
- Author(s)Fiona Gardner,Jan Fook
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.