Pragmatic Scala: Create Expressive, Concise, and Scalable Applications by Venkat Subramaniam (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur industry is moving toward functional programming, but your object-oriented experience is still valuable. Scala combines the power of OO and functional programming, and Pragmatic Scala shows you how to work effectively with both. Updated to Scala 2.11, with in-depth coverage of new features such as Akka actors, parallel collections, and tail call optimization, this book will show you how to create stellar applications. This thorough introduction to Scala will get you coding in this powerful language right away. You'll start from the familiar ground of Java and, with easy-to-follow examples, you'll learn how to create highly concise and expressive applications with Scala. You'll find out when and how to mix both imperative and functional style, and how to use parallel collections and Akka actors to create high-performance concurrent applications that effectively use multicore processors. Scala has evolved since the first edition of this book, and Pragmatic Scala is a significant update. We've revised each chapter, and added three new chapters and six new sections to explore the new features in Scala. You'll learn how to: * Safely manage concurrency with parallel collections and Akka actors * Create expressive readable code with value classes and improved implicit conversions * Create strings from data with sweat using string interpolation * Create domain-specific languages * Optimize your recursions with tail call optimization Whether you're interested in creating concise, robust single-threaded applications or highly expressive, thread-safe concurrent programs, this book has you covered. What You Need: The Scala compiler (2.x) and the JDK are required to make use of the concepts and the examples in this book.
- Author BiographyDr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., and an adjunct faculty at the University of Houston. He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly invited speaker at several international conferences. He's the (co)author of multiple books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer.
- Author(s)Venkat Subramaniam
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight486 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.