All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPragmatism is enjoying a renaissance in management studies and the social sciences. Once written off as amoral, relativist and opposed to the ideals of Truth, Reason and Progress, it is w regaining influence in public policy, international relations and business strategy. But what can pragmatism teach us about strategy? How can pragmatic strategies help businesses to succeed? This invative book presents a pragmatic framework for shaping and solving strategic problems in a practical, creative, ethical and finely balanced manner. To achieve this, the authors draw from Confucian teaching, American pragmatism and Aristotelian practical wisdom, as well as business cases across industries and nations, particularly from emerging ecomies. With significant theoretical depth, direct practical implication and profound cultural sensitivity, the book is useful for executive managers, public administrators, strategy researchers and advanced students in the search for pragmatic strategies in an interconnected, fast-moving world.
- Author BiographyIkujiro Nonaka is Professor Emeritus of the Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy, Hitotsubashi University, Xerox Distinguished Faculty Scholar, University of California, Berkeley and also First Distinguished Drucker Scholar in Residence at the Drucker School and Institute, Claremont Graduate University. He received his BA (Political Science) from Waseda University, MBA and PhD (Business Administration) from the University of California, Berkeley. Zhichang Zhu is currently a Reader in Strategy and Management, teaching Strategy for the MBA programme at the University of Hull Business School. He has held positions as the director of the PhD Program, a visiting research professor in Knowledge Management at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, a visiting research professor in Strategy and Management at South China Normal University, a visiting research professor in International Business Management at International East-West University (Honolulu and Los Angeles), a visiting lecturing professor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Friedrich Schiller University (Jena, Germany) and East-West Knowledge Leaders Program, Japan-America Institute of Management Science (Hawaii, USA), an external examiner for PhD theses for the Cape Town University (South Africa) and Swinburne University of Technology (Australia).
- Author(s)Ikujiro Nonaka,Zhichang Zhu
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus. 10 tables
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.