Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers teachers in the ESL/EFL classroom some of the first published materials for guiding learners past grammar into authentic-sounding (conventional) utterances and sequences, replacing the scripted unnatural or stilted dialogue provided in textbooks. Teachers will find a range of pedagogical activities to put to immediate use in the classroom, as students learn turn-taking, initiations and responses for formal academic and informal conversation, thanking expressions, apologies, compliments and compliment responses, differences in complimenting behavior between men and women, opening and closing telephone conversations, and use of responders such as oh, uh-huh/ mm-hm, and yeah. Pragmatics: Teaching Natural Conversation, taken together with the previous volume, Pragmatics: Teaching Speech Acts, provides teachers with a comprehensive basis for the theoretically sound and pedagogically effective teaching of this important, but often neglected, area of language.
- Author(s)Donna H. Tatsuki
- PublisherTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleClassroom Practice Series
- Place of PublicationAlexandria, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.