All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe present handbook provides an overview of the pragmatics of language and language use mediated by digital techlogies. Computer-mediated communication (CMC) is defined to include text-based interactive communication via the Internet, websites and other multimodal formats, and mobile communication. In addition to 'core' pragmatic and discourse-pragmatic phemena the chapters cover pragmatically-focused research on types of CMC and pragmatic approaches to characteristic CMC phemena.
- Author BiographySusan C. Herring, Indiana University, USA; Dieter Stein, University of Dusseldorf, Germany; Tuija Virtanen, Abo Akademi University, Finnland.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- Series TitleHandbooks of Pragmatics [HOPS]
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note26 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 12 black & white line drawings, 26 schw.-w. Tab., 1 schw.-w. Fotos, 12 schw.-w. Zeichn.
- Weight1405 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byDieter Stein,Susan C. Herring,Tuija Virtanen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.