All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJourney of Dreams- Dreams have a way of infusing themselves into our souls-becoming an indivisible part of who we are. Five lives irrevocably change when their greatest longings become their new reality-and for one, vice versa. The Journey of Dreams series is Contemporary Christian Fantasy, exploring the delights of our hearts and how the Lord meets them. ------------------------------- In my dreams, I had always imagined wandering through meadows of golden, calf-high grasses that swayed in a gentle breeze. The dream recurred often-one I'd loved since my childhood. Sitting on the fire escape of our fourth-floor apartment in Pittsburgh, I'd escape into the woods of Wisconsin, the prairies of Kansas, and eventually the little town of De Smet, South Dakota, as I lived and breathed the adventures of Laura Ingalls. However, of all those places, the Kansas prairie somehow infused itself into my soul. I dreamt of the swoosh of the grasses, the musical sound of the cottonwoods when their leaves rustled in summer winds, and clear skies with only small tufts of clouds to mar their azure perfection...Some things we read in books, whether prose or poetry, and think we understand. However, until you've stood in a sea of grasses undulating like the waves of the ocean in the morning breeze, you cant possibly begin to understand what the phrase, sea of grass means. As I stood, watching the rise and fall of the blades dancing in unison to a tune inaudible to me, a rush of contentment washed over me. In this vast sea of thingness, I knew I had come home. --------------------------------------- Jessa Davidson enjoyed a lifelong fascination and desire for life on the prairie. However, she never expected that fascination to become reality. A far cry from her apartment in Pittsburgh, the world of Prairie is more than just a change in geography--it's a change of life. In Prairie, Jessa examines the innermost parts of her soul and discovers desires she never knew she had. From the moment she awoke, transported from the cold Pennsylvania winter, on the sunbathed summer prairie, she knew her life would never be the same. The people of Prairie welcomed her and accepted her--almost without question, but so much of her life changed in that moment--her hopes, dreams, values, and the absolutes of things like time--that she feared accepting her new life as reality. Is Prairie the dreams of her life come true--or her worst nightmare? Is it real? Is it permanent? Or will she awake to discover that she's lost her mind--or worse, her life? And the biggest question on Jessa's heart? Does she care?
- Author BiographyChautona lives in a small, remote town in California's Mojave Desert with her husband and seven of her nine children. When not writing, she enjoys paper crafting, sewing, and trying to get the last four of her children educated so that she can retire from home education.
- Author(s)Chautona Havig
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.