All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionPrater Violet is the most charming vel I have read in a long time. --Diana Trilling Originally published in 1945, Christopher Isherwood's Prater Violet is a stingingly satirical vel about the film industry. It centers around the production of the vacuous fictional melodrama Prater Violet, set in nineteenth-century Vienna, providing an ironic counterpoint to tragic events as Hitler annexes the real Vienna of the 1930s. The vel features vivid portraits of the imperious, passionate, and witty Austrian director Friedrich Bergmann and his disciple, a genial young screenwriter--the fictionalized Christopher Isherwood.
- Author BiographyChristopher Isherwood (1902-1986) lived in Berlin from 1928 to 1933 and immigrated to the United States in 1939. A major figure in twentieth-century fiction and the gay rights movement, he wrote more than twenty books.
- Author(s)Christopher Isherwood
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFSG Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Weight118 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.