All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParaprofessionals, also kwn as teaching assistants, are an invaluable tool in today's classrooms. As class sizes swell, teachers rely on paraprofessionals to assist with the complicated tasks of classroom management and content instruction. Like teachers, the field of paraprofessionals is growing and considered to be one of the highly desired recession-proof careers. Before one can enter this field, they'll have to pass the Praxis II: ParaPro. LearningExpress's Praxis II: ParaPro Test Prep will give test takers an extra advantage to score well on the test. Praxis II: ParaPro Test Prep includes: In-depth, targeted review chapters for each Praxis II: ParaPro subarea-reading, writing, and math Two practice tests with detailed answer explanations that reflect the actual format of the official test Strategies to help ease test anxiety and increase performance The ParaPro Assessment exam measures the skills and kwledge in reading, writing, and math of prospective and practicing paraprofessionals. It also measures their ability to apply those skills and kwledge when assisting in classroom instruction. The ParaPro Assessment was designed to satisfy the requirements of the federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act. Inside this book, learners will find information about what it means to become a teachers assistant, how the diagstic exam is composed, LearningExpress's best strategies to approach the exam and rid oneself of fear, and key elements of math, reading, and writing skills and applications, among other advantageous bits of information. Users of this book will also receive access to an additional online practice test with instant scoring and detailed score reports, so that readers will kw exactly where to focus their study. Considering that there are approximately 200,000 Teaching Assistant positions annually, it is only to one's advantage to begin prepping for this exam if this is their intended job field in education. It is kwn that school enrollments are projected to increase slowly over the next decade, but faster growth is expected among special education students and students for whom English is a second language, and they will increase as a share of the total school-age population. These students are the ones who most need teacher assistants. Children with special needs require significant personal attention, and teachers rely heavily on teacher assistants to provide much of that attention. An increasing number of after-school programs and summer programs also will create new opportunities for teacher assistants. With an ever-increasing demands for paraprofessionals, LearningExpress's Praxis II: ParaPro Test Prep will help individuals recognize their full potential, while instilling in them a better understanding of the exam and how to tackle it on the day of the official test.
- Author BiographyThe team at LearningExpress is dedicated to publishing the best and most up-to-date skill-building, academic test-preparation, and career/vocational test-preparation titles available. We're constantly watching market trends, which allows us to be extraordinarily creative and authoritative as we stay ahead of the curve in our editorial approach. LearningExpress makes a point of being cutting edge in bringing you the best and most sought-after titles for all your skill-building needs.
- Author(s)Editors of Learningexpress LLC
- PublisherLearning Express (NY)
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLearning Express (NY)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width216 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.