All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraxis and Politics explores the kwledge arising from activist praxis and its significance for reimagining radical and democratic politics. It is based on five years of direct involvement in the Toronto-based Metro Network for Social Justice and their work in coalition building, campaign-organizing and 'ecomic and political literacy' work in the aftermath of the signing of the Canada-US Free Trade Agreement. The book breaks new theoretical and methodological ground in social movement studies in drawing on a wide range of traditions including cultural studies, urban studies, political ecomy and feminism.
- Author BiographyJanet M. Conway teaches feminism and social movements in the politics department at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. She is a long-time activist, active in women's, anti-poverty and economic justice organizations. She was a founder of the Metro Network for Social Justice, which is the subject of this book. Conway is the author of Identity, Place, Knowledge: Social Movements Contesting Globalization, Fernwood (2004).
- Author(s)Janet M. Conway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Approaches in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.