Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPrayer At Dawn is for you, matter what your religious affiliation is. It will support you, inspire you and make faith in your own religion and God stronger.
- Author BiographyEldest of the seven children in a Sikh family, Kamaljeet was born in the eastern Indian city called Jamshedpur. being in a cosmopolitan environment the children were allowed to learn about all major religions. The emphasis on the family religion, Sikhism, was informal and more like occasional discussions aide from visits to the Gurudwaras (Sikh temple or church) on special occasions. Family language was Punjabi but schooling was in Hindi and English only. Kamaljeet taught himself Gurumukhi, the script of Punjabi language when he was in high school with supportive help from his parents. Kamaljeet choose a career in Engineering with a degree in Metallurgical Engineering. In 1972 he was granted an immigration VISA for the USA (green card) while he was working in a factory in Calcutta. In the US he ent to graduate school at the Georgia Institute of Technology and continued with the Engineering career. Kamaljeet married Surjeet Kaur in 1966. They have a son and daughter and five grandchildren. Although he has a modest number of technical papers published and written hundreds of technical reports, this is his first attempt at publishing a book. It started about three years ago. While routinely reciting the Japuji in the morning the words started forming in English in my mind. This continued for some time, until one day he started to write those words ringing in his mind on the computer. The English words kept flowing as he read the original in the Punjabi language. It was inspired and beautiful and eventually took the shape of this book.
- Author(s)Kamaljeet Singh Dogra
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.