All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInclusive theology has gained huge momentum since the Inclusive Church Movement was formed in 2003. Prayers for an Inclusive Church is a significant liturgical resource that is the first major contribution in this field since Janet Morley's All Desires Kwn published in 1992. It draws on the rich biblical imagery of the lectionary readings to create prayers with poetic immediacy, theological depth and striking beauty. Designed to be used with Common Worship, it includes: a collect for every Sunday in the three year cycle, key festivals and for each season and major saint's day; a form of confession; an introduction to the peace, a eucharistic prayer, postcommunion prayers, and final blessings. An introduction sets out the theological rationale for the prayers and explores the processes of writing and using prayers with an inclusive theological basis.
- Author BiographySteven Shakespeare is the co-author of The Inclusive God with Hugh Rayment Pickard. He is Anglican Chaplain and Associate Director of the Centre for the Study of Contemporary Ecclesiology of Liverpool Hope University.
- Author(s)Dr. Steven Shakespeare
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.