All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book instructs us that we can grow up spiritually, leaving behind a childish relationship to prayer as a superstitious ritual or mere plea for favours. It encourages readers to recognise the difference between prayer that asks only for reassurance, and prayer that asks for the Ultimate, and stands for transformation. We can cease being 'victims' of Gods Will, while at the same time embracing genuine surrender and reliance on the irrefutable power of love says author and retreat leader Regina Sara Ryan. Readers of the first edition (published in 2001) were enthusiastic in their praise, calling it a brave and useful book. Prayer groups and church congregations around the U.S. have used it for study, and it has been translated into Dutch, German and French. And the message of the book is more relevant w than it was 10 years ago. The insecurities of our times draw us inward or back to our churches. In prayer groups and retreats of all kinds we are looking for comfort and consolation, for spiritual direction, or for answers to the eternal questions that have always challenged humanity. This book is a valued contribution in that search. This 10th anniversary edition is fully revised, with several completely new chapters including: The High Cost of Forgiveness -- a subject that challenges everyone -- and Praying on the Subway about how our generally busy and often chaotic lives can provide us with a constant impetus for blessing others.
- Author BiographyRegina Sara Ryan is a freelance writer and wellness consultant. She co-authored the Wellness Workbook, a standard of holistic health education since 1980, and has long been an advocate of breastfeeding. She lives in Paulden, Arizona.
- Author(s)Regina Sara Ryan
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/10/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Weight328 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement10th Anniversary ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.