All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would happen if Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels met Cinderella? Mick-d-Nick gets more than he bargains for when he breaks into an incuous terrace house in London's posh Fulham neighbourhood. He gets a change of life. Author I R Patterson's debut vel, Praying Mantis, explores the question of what would happen to a common criminal if he was made...just a little less common. In this modern day Cinderella tale, albeit with a street vibe and underworld tion, a -hope, urban youth is given a second chance. With encouragement, mentoring and a stable home, Mick w 'Michael', transforms himself and his life. A topical vel in this time of banking scandals and WikiLeaks, Praying Mantis will make you think differently about criminality, humanity, and whether or t felonious acts are excusable when they are committed while wearing a suit and tie.
- Author BiographyI R Patterson lives in Richmond, London. Having retired from teaching children and adults with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties the long held wish to write a book was allowed to flourish. Working and teaching in Central London has given this author a rich source of urban issues to draw on.
- Author(s)I. R. Patterson
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.24Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.15
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.