All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionLeviticus gets down and dirty. Whether it's blood, bodily fluids, disgusting growths, painful sores or the horrible sexual sins between family members, Leviticus covers it all. Leviticus is also very detailed, excruciatingly, to the point you wonder...why? We as sinners always look for a way out to justify our mistakes, but Leviticus says sorry... excuse accepted. There's a lot of information about priests and festivals, many of those practices we don't use today, so it makes someone wonder, Is Leviticus relevant? Leviticus is relevant because it reveals the extent that God would go to make his people holy. Sin is dirty, but God has a plan to cleanse us from that sin, through a priest who came down to the earth and sacrificed himself. As we read Leviticus we should be happy that today our faith in Christ substitutes for all the ceremony and dress required by Old Testament Law. We should read Leviticus t being nchalant about our sins, but meticulous in making sure our lives stay pure. Leviticus is about holiness and as we pray through it, we should be striving for that holiness too. PRAYING THROUGH THE BIBLE SERIES What is God's word? Simply put, it is the word of God spoken to people long ago who transcribed that information into writing. That writing was meticulously passed down for thousands of years to speak to us today. How did God speak to people in Bible times? Audibly - God spoke directly to people who heard him with their ears or in their heart. Through situations - God spoke through the actions and events of this world. Through people - God spoke through leaders, kings and prophets who proclaimed God's purpose. Through prophecy - God spoke about future events, then those events happened. Scripture - God spoke through his written word when people read those words later. Prayer - God spoke through the prayers of people. PRAYING THROUGH THE BIBLE SERIES recognizes the power of God speaking to mankind through His Scriptures. God's word was t only meant to be read, but applied. We must apply ourselves to these passages and adjust our lives to God's will. Today, God uses many ways to speak to us. This book incorporates those avenues of communication to ensure that God will speak to you during your quiet time with Him. Each section asks the reader to do six things. 1.Read the passage. Open up the Bible and read His Word. 2.Memorize the passage. A certain verse is given special focus. Commit it to memory. Remember it all day. 3.Understand the passage. Background information (Time, Characters, Place, What's Happening) help you to understand the context of the section you are reading. 4.Read the prayer. Read the written prayer as if it is from your heart. Don't recite them as words from a page, but a plea from your soul. 5.Keep praying. Prayer prompts are there to help you continue praying about other specific areas. Listen to the Holy Spirit and see if there is more you need to pray. 6.Journal your thoughts. In the space provided, write down some thoughts that you feel God said to your during this time. Every so often I've included a Prayer Thoughts page to give you more room to journal your thoughts and write down prayer requests as you go through the Bible. Get ready to spend some quality time with God. Get ready for God to speak to you through His Word.
- Author BiographyTroy Schmidt is an author and television writer with credits at Disney, Nickelodeon, Tommy Nelson and Lifeway. He has written for Max Lucado's Hermie and Friends series and is a producer for The American Bible Challenge with Jeff Foxworthy. His other book titles include Saved, Release, 40 Days, Laughing Matters, In His Shoes: The Life of Jesus and other editions in this Praying Through the Bible series, including Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Troy has a number of children's books out including Their Side of the Story, where the animals tell their side of famous Bible stories and Little Tree Found. He is also a Campus Pastor at First Baptist Church Windermere, Florida.
- Author(s)Troy Schmidt
- Date of Publication20/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.