All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do so many struggle to pray? Dr Pablo Martinez, a medical doctor and psychotherapist, suggests that our basic personality type strongly affects how we pray, and what we pray about. Extroverts may struggle to develop a regular prayer life; introverts will be more likely to set time apart. Thinking types find prayer more satisfactory if accompanied by pen and paper; feeling types may long for intimacy with God; intuitive types tend to be invators and visionaries, and may have a more mystical bent; sensation types often have a particular capacity for spontaneous prayer; and so on. The purpose of this book is to help us understand, and work with, our own spiritual path.
- Author BiographyTrained as a medical doctor and psychiatrist, Pablo Martinez works at a Christian hospital in Barcelona. He has also developed a wide ministry as lecturer and counsellor. A former President of the Spanish GBU (the equivalent of the UCCF), he is still deeply involved with student ministry. He is a former Professor of Pastoral Theology at the Spanish Theological Seminary, and has spoken several times at Spring Harvest.
- Author(s)Pablo Martinez
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.