All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime-pressed, professionals looking for practical guidance to shape their current or future safety programs should use this book. Pre-Accident Investigations: An Introduction to Organizational Safety helps to identify complex potential incidents before they take place. Based around the 'New View' of human error, it offers established human performance theory in a highly practical context. Written in an engaging, conversational style, around several case studies, the book is grounded in reality, with examples with which anyone can identify. It is an ideal aid for senior safety executives who want to spread the safety message among their colleagues. It is also an excellent choice for course tutors looking for a narrative-led primer.
- Author BiographyTodd Conklin is a Senior Advisor at Los Alamos National Laboratory, one of the world's foremost research and development laboratories, in the human performance and safety integration program. Dr. Conklin has been working on the human performance program at Los Alamos National Laboratory for the last dozen years of his 25-year career. It is in the fortunate position where he enjoys the best of both the academic world and the world of safety in practice. Conklin holds a Ph.D. in organizational behaviour and communication from the University of New Mexico. He speaks all over the world to executives, groups and work teams who are interested in better understanding the relationships between the workers in the field and the organization's systems, processes and programs. He has brought these systems to major corporations around the world. Conklin practices these ideas not only in his own workplace, but also in event investigations at other workplaces around the world. Conklin defines safety at his workplace like this: Safety is the ability for workers to be able to do work in a varying and unpredictable world. Conklin lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico and thinks that human performance is the most meaningful work he has ever had the opportunity to live and teach.
- Author(s)Todd Conklin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 5 b&w illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.