All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential guide for teaching students in grades 5-9 how to write about math Learning to read and write efficiently regarding mathematics helps students to understand content at a deeper level. In this third book in the popular math 'Out Loud' series, Mower provides a variety of reading and writing strategies and activities suitable for elementary and middle school pre-algebra courses, covering such key skills as integers and exponents, fractions, decimals and percents, graphing, statistics, factoring, evaluating expressions, geometry and the basics of equations. * Includes dozens of classroom tested strategies and techniques * Shows how reading and writing can be incorporated in any math class to improve math skills * Provides unique, fun activities that will keep students interested and make learning stick This important guide offers teachers easy-to-apply lessons that will help students develop a deeper understanding of mathematics.
- Author BiographyPat Mower, Ph.D., an associate professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas, prepares??teachers to teach mathematics in elementary, middle, and secondary schools. She is the author of Geometry Out Loud and Algebra Out Loud.
- Author(s)Pat Mower
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.