All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Victorian England, with the country swept up in the Industrial Revolution, the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, close to William Morris' Arts and Crafts movement, yearned for a return to bygone values. Wishing to revive the pure and ble forms of the Italian Renaissance, the major painters of the circle such as John Everett Millais, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, and Edward Burne-Jones, in opposition to the academicism of the time, favored realism and biblical themes over the affected cans of the 19th century. This work, with its captivating text and rich illustrations, describes with enthusiasm this singular movement which tably inspired the followers of Art Nouveau and Symbolism.
- Author BiographyRobert de la Sizeranne was a historian. The subjects of his works focused on English painting (19th century), Italian Renaissance, Ruskin aesthicism, and photography.
- Author(s)Robert de la Sizeranne
- PublisherParkstone Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMega Square
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParkstone Press Ltd
- Content Note120
- Weight585 g
- Width145 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.