All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmr Khaled is an Egyptian Muslim activist and television preacher based in Egypt who encourages both social commitment and individual self-fulfilment. Chosen by Time Magazine as one of the world s 100 most influential people, his prominence in the Arabic-speaking world is unparalleled. During the Mubarak era, his message seemed for the most part apolitical, but after the events of January 2011, he started using more explicitly political language. Susanne Olsson examines the differences between Amr Khaled s pre-revolutionary and post-revolutionary messages and looking in-depth at how deals with the concepts of Islam and modernity. By examining issues such as Amr Khaled s use of mass media, his views on gender role and the nature of political and religious rule, Susanne Olsson offers a book which will appeal to those interested in the changes that Egypt has experienced over the last century.
- Author BiographySusanne Olsson is an Associate Professor at Stockholm University, Sweden. She is a historian of religion with special focus on Islamic Studies.
- Author(s)Susanne Olsson
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleLibrary of Modern Religion
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight454 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.