All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionPractical eugh to be used in a church's training programs! Scholarly eugh to serve as an introductory college textbook! Sensitive to culture's influence upon homiletics, Preaching in Red and Yellow, Black and White suggests thoughtful answers to ten of the beginning preacher's most basic questions. Why preach? What is preaching? What should preaching do? What goes into a sermon? How do I get (re)started? How should preaching sound? How should a sermon look? How do I kw whether it was any good? How can I keep my preaching fresh? Where can I learn more? Concentrating primarily on Black and White approaches to preaching in America, consideration is also given to Hispanic and Asian homiletical insights. Authors from Aristotle to Cleophus LaRue, spanning nearly twenty-five centuries, are consulted and their thoughts combined with those of the author, based upon his own cross-cultural preaching experience, to provide a balanced view on preaching that goes beyond what one will find in other introductory homiletics textbooks. Preaching in Red and Yellow, Black and White provides a good starting point for thinking about preaching from a multicultural perspective. It introduces authors, titles, ideas, and practical instructions to those interested in learning the basics of pulpit ministry.
- Author BiographyGregory K. Hollifield (Ph.D., Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary) has preached for seventeen years and taught homiletics for nine more cross-culturally. His sermons and articles have appeared in Preaching magazine, Journal of the American Academy of Ministry, Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society, and Journal of Ministry and Theology. Based upon his own cross-cultural preaching experience, his paper entitled Lessons from a Memphis Jail: What I Learned from Twelve Years of Cross-Cultural Preaching at One of America's Largest, Privately Run, Male Juvenile Correctional Facilities was presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the Evangelical Homiletics Society.
- Author(s)Gregory K Hollifield
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.