Precalculus: A Right Triangle Approach by Marvin L. Bittinger, Judith A. Penna, Judith A. Beecher (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $171.48+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $443.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in precalculus. Visualize. Interact. Succeed. Beecher, Penna, and Bittinger's Precalculus is kwn for enabling students to see the math through its focus on visualization and early introduction to functions. With the Fifth Edition, the authors continue to invate by creating and positioning review material to provide a more effective tool for teachers and students. 25 Just-In-Time review topics are placed throughout the text and MyMathLab to help students right when they need it most. This, along with the existing Mid-chapter Mixed Review exercises, Study Guide summaries, and the new MyMathLab with Integrated Review course, students have an unparalleled amount of review resources to help them be successful in the course. Also available with MyMathLab(R) MyMathLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. With this edition, the authors focused on developing MyMathLab features that help better prepare students and get them thinking more visually and conceptually. NOTE: This is the standalone book, if you would like the book/with Access Code order the ISBN below: 0321970055 / 9780321970053 Precalculus: A Right Triangle Approach plus MyMathLab with Pearson eText, Access Card Package Package consists of: 0321431308 / 9780321431301 MyMathLab -- Glue-in Access Card 0321654064 / 9780321654069 MyMathLab Inside Star Sticker 0321969553 / 9780321969552 Precalculus: A Right Triangle Approach
- Author BiographyJudy Beecher has an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Indiana University and a graduate degree in mathematics from Purdue University. She has taught at both the high school and college levels with many years of developmental math and precalculus teaching experience at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). In addition to her career in textbook publishing, she enjoys traveling, spending time with her grandchildren, and promoting charity projects for a children's camp. Judy Penna received her undergraduate degree in mathematics from Kansas State University and her graduate degree in mathematics from the University of Illinois. Since then, she has taught at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) and at Butler University, and continues to focus on writing quality textbooks for undergraduate mathematics students. In her free time she likes to travel, read, knit and spend time with her children. Marvin Bittinger has been teaching math at the university level for more than thirty-eight years. Since 1968, he has been employed at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), and is now professor emeritus of mathematics education. Professor Bittinger has authored over 190 publications on topics ranging from basic mathematics to algebra and trigonometry to applied calculus. He received his BA in mathematics from Manchester College and his PhD in mathematics education from Purdue University. Special honors include Distinguished Visiting Professor at the United States Air Force Academy and his election to the Manchester College Board of Trustees from 1992 to 1999. His hobbies include hiking in Utah, baseball, golf, and bowling. Professor Bittinger has also had the privilege of speaking at many mathematics conventions, most recently giving a lecture entitled Baseball and Mathematics. In addition, he also has an interest in philosophy and theology, in particular, apologetics. Professor Bittinger currently lives in Carmel, Indiana with his wife Elaine. He has two grown and married sons, Lowell and Chris, and four granddaughters.
- Author(s)Judith A. Beecher,Judith A. Penna,Marvin L. Bittinger
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2028 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.