Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $76.50Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by tinas-goodies
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book reflects the current situation in precast concrete construction. Besides general observations regarding building with precast concrete elements, the book focuses first and foremost on the boundary conditions for the design of precast concrete structures, loadbearing elements and facades. Connections and specific structural and constructional issues are covered in detail and stability of precast concrete structures is ather central theme. The requirements brought about by the emergence of the European Single Market are explained and the diverse possibilities for facade design are presented. A chapter on the production processes provides the reader with an indispensable insight into the characteristics of this form of industrialised building. The book is a practical tool for engineers, but certainly also architects and students. One of the authors' intentions is to demonstrate to engineers and architects the possibilities that factory prefabrication can offer, and hence pave the way towards the ecomic application and ongoing development of precast concrete construction.
- Author BiographyAlfred Steinle (b. 1936) turned Hahn's lecture notes into a manuscript in the early 1970s, which then became the starting point for this book. After a number of years in bridge-building, Alfred Steinle also became heavily involved in precast concrete construction at Zublin. His theoretical work covered bridge-building with torsion and section deformations in box-girder bridges and in precast concrete structures within the scope of the 6M system with corbels, notched beam ends and pocket foundations. In addition, he was a key figure in many precast concrete projects such as the 6M schools, the University of Riyadh, schools with foamed concrete wall panels in Iraq, Zublin House and the construction of a modern automated precasting plant. Alfred Steinle retired in 1999 and by that time he had risen to the post of authorised signatory in the engineering office at Zublin headquarters. Hubert Bachmann (b. 1959) began his career in 1976 with a training course on concrete and precast concrete construction in a precasting plant. After studying construction engineering and completing his doctorate at the University of Karlsruhe, he accepted a post in the structural engineering office of Ed. Zublin AG, where he has worked since 1993. His duties include the detailed design of structures of all kinds plus research and development in the civil and structural engineering sectors. He has been presenting the series of Hahn lectures at the University of Stuttgart on the subject of the prefabrication of concrete components since 2003. The authors were or are also intensively involved in construction industry associations, numerous technical bodies plus national and international standards committees dealing with precast concrete construction.
- Author(s)Alfred Steinle,Hubert Bachmann
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication29/06/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight656 g
- Width174 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.