All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Preceptor Training Handbook is intended to be used as a teaching guide for nurse educators, preceptor trainers, nurse managers, and nursing administration in order to enhance clinical teaching of preceptors with the use of education theories. Preceptors assist new nurses to develop critical-thinking skills for quality and safe patient care, serve as role models, and mentors during nurse orientation. The utilization of proper teaching techniques in clinical teaching encompassing spirituality, evaluation, supervision, humor, enthusiasm, and emotional intelligence is discussed in the content of this book.
- Author BiographyMarie Ortaliz, Ed, MS, BSN, RN, CCRN, is an accomplished nurse educator with more than 25 years of critical care nursing experience as a clinician, preceptor, nurse manager, and educator. Marie Ortaliz has lectured nationally and internationally in major nursing seminars. Marie Ortaliz was awarded the National Nurse Educator of the Year in 2014 by the Philippine Nurses Association of America. Marie Ortaliz was inducted to the Sigma Theta Tau International in the category of Research and Leadership in 2012 and is an active member of various organizations including American Heart Association, the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, American Nurses Association, National League for Nursing Association, and The Philippine Nurses Association of New York Inc. Marie Ortaliz has completed a dissertation entitled The Impact of Preceptor Training on the Effectiveness of Nurse Preceptors in Delivery of Knowledge and Skills to Nurse Orientees. Marie Ortaliz completed her Doctorate of Education from New England College New Hampshire, a Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration and Management from New England College, New Hampshire, and a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from Colegio San Agustin Bacolod City, Philippines. Marie Ortaliz is founder and President of Marie Ortaliz Center, Inc., a company that provides nursing continuing education seminars for the advancement of nursing practice.
- Author(s)Marie Ortaliz
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.