All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey are one of the highlights of the world of jewellery. From the rectangular to the round and rounded: Cufflinks are timeless eye catchers. Those who adorn their shirt sleeves with such works of art can be sure to attract attention. This kwledgeable publication introduces readers to the world of cufflinks, tracing their story and showing rare designs. Cufflinks are among the few pieces of jewellery worn by men and, like wristwatches, are an essential part of men's fashion. The first cufflinks appeared as early as the seventeenth century, but they did t come into common usage until the late eighteenth century as their development was closely connected to that of men's shirts. Nowadays cufflinks are little artworks that allow men to express their own personality in an understated way. Their design and the materials from which they are made can speak volumes about the wearer's preferences, hobbies and profession. Designers are fascinated by the challenge as cufflinks provide only very little space for their design, and the four buttons that make up a pair have to be well coordinated. The most exquisite examples are wadays often to be found in drawers and display cases belonging to collectors and museums. This publication presents more than 200 of these treasures.
- Author BiographyWalter Grasser is on the Board of Directors of the city of Munich. For two decades, he was professor at the University of Munich, where his field of interest included the history of coins and other small antiquities, including jewelry. Franz Hemmerle is a jeweler and goldsmith. Duke Alexander von Wurttemberg is an art historian.
- Author(s)Dr. Walter Grasser,Franz Hemmerle
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.