All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe book examines surface rainfall processes through cloud-resolving modeling and quantitative analysis of surface rainfall budget and summarizes modeling and analysis results in recent seven years. The book shows validation of precipitation modeling against observations and derives a set of diagstic precipitation equations. The book provides detailed discussions of the applications of precipitation equations to the examination of effects of sea surface temperature, vertical wind shear, radiation, and ice clouds on torrential rainfall processes in the tropics and mid-latitudes, and to the studies of sensitivity of precipitation modeling to uncertainty of the initial conditions and to the estimate of precipitation efficiency. The book can be used as a text book for graduate students and will be beneficial to researchers and forecasters for precipitation process studies and operational forecasts.
- Author BiographyXiaofan Li is a physical scientist at the Center for Satellite Applications and Research, National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Camp Springs, Maryland, USA. He has a doctorate in meteorology from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, USA and a master's degree in meteorology from Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Nanjing, China. Shouting Gao is a professor at the Laboratory of Cloud-Precipitation Physics and Severe Storm, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. He has a doctorate and a master's degree in meteorology from the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Beijing, China.
- Author(s)Shouting Gao,Xiaofan Li
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Atmospheric Sciences
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.