All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPredicting Outdoor Sound provides a scholarly yet practical examination of the phemena that affect outdoor sound close to the ground and its prediction. It is devoted to bringing together theories and data to give both researchers and practitioners the basis for deciding which model to use in a given situation. The book covers recent advances in theory, new and old empirical schemes, available data and comparisons between theory and data. Detailed case studies of predictions and their uses are presented. There are chapters on ground impedance models and data, methods of measuring ground impedance, ground effects in homogeus atmospheres, sound propagation in refracting and turbulent atmospheres, sound propagation from moving sources, the performance of outdoor ise barriers, the effects of tall vegetation and both numerical and empirical methods for predicting the various influences on outdoor sound. International in its applications, and written by authors who have been key in many of the recent advances, Predicting Outdoor Sound is a definitive reference for the acoustic engineer.
- Author BiographyThe authors have had extensive experience of research and consultancy in outdoor sound prediction and measurement. Between them they have published and presented over 200 relevant papers and conference contributions working together and individually.
- Author(s)Kai Ming Li,Keith Attenborough,Kirill Horoshenkov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note37 black & white tables, 17 black & white halftones, 234 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.