All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionLove first. Ask questions later. In the middle of the Iraq War, Jeremy and Jessica Courtney found themselves with their two children caught up in the turmoil, just hoping to make a difference. After an encounter with a father whose little girl was dying from a heart defect, they began to investigate options for helping and learned that untold thousands of children across Iraq were in similar need, waiting in line for heart surgery in a country without a qualified heart surgeon. With the help of their closest friends, they dived in to save the lives of as many as they could, but sending children abroad proved to be expensive and cumbersome, and it failed to make an impact on the systemic needs of Iraqi hospitals the places where these children really should be saved. Despite fatwas, death threats, bombings, imprisonments, and intense living conditions, Jeremy and his team persevered to overcome years of hostilities and distrust in an effort to eradicate the backlog of thousands upon thousands of Iraqi children waiting in line for much-needed heart surgery. From the front line of the struggle for peace, Jeremy writes a firsthand account of lifesaving and peacemaking in the world s most torious war-torn country. In the heart of conflict, there is only one kind of love big eugh to change a nation: a love that strikes first.
- Author BiographyJeremy Courtney is cofounder and executive director of the Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC), an international development organization based in Iraq that provides lifesaving heart surgeries to Iraqi children and training for local doctors and nurses, creating peace between communities at odds. Jeremy resides in Iraq with his wife, two children, and an indispensable team of dear friends.
- Author(s)Jeremy Courtney
- PublisherOasis Audio
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio
- Weight181 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Jeremy Courtney
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.