Preference Organisation and Peer Disputes: How Young Children Resolve Conflict by Amelia Church (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do children get their own way in arguments? What is the most effective way of pursuing one's own goals in preschool? 'Use your words' is an instruction frequently heard in nurseries and pre-schools encouraging young children to resolve the situation through verbal rather than physical means. Discourse is seen as the solution, yet, what words are the children supposed to use, and how do they go about resolving disputes? This fascinating book offers a conversation analysis of children's arguments, revealing disputing as a highly ordered, rule-governed activity, even amongst very young children. The author provides a rich theoretical discussion of the work in speech acts and conversational analysis, whilst offering a sophisticated review in relation to children's culture. It will be of great interest to conversation analysts within sociology and linguistics, as well as to educationalists and scholars of childhood.
- Author BiographyDr Amelia Church is Lecturer in Education at the University of Melbourne, Australia. She was previously Lecturer in Childhood Studies at the University of Wales, Swansea. She has worked as Research Fellow at the Education Foundation and the Schools Innovation Commission in Victoria, Australia, and is a conbritutor to the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children, an ongoing project at the Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- Author(s)Amelia Church
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleDirections in Ethnomethodology and Conversation Analysis
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 2 tables & 2 figures
- Weight688 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Dave Francis,Dr. Stephen Hester,Dr. Andrew Carlin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.