All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionQuick Answers for a Healthy Start A healthy pregnancy starts with a well-balanced diet, but there s much more to kw. For example: True or False? You need to eat an extra 500 calories a day when pregnant. Iron needs triple during pregnancy. A high-fiber diet is important during pregnancy. Answers: False. Pregnant women require 300 extra calories a day and nursing women need an extra 500 calories a day. You ll find more on calories and weight gain in Chapter 1 and nutrition tips while breast-feeding in Chapter 9. False. Your need for iron doubles during pregnancy. Still, it can be difficult to get this much iron from food alone. That s why you should read more about iron in Chapter 3. True. Fiber helps prevent constipation, a common occurrence during pregnancy. Learn tips for managing constipation, morning sickness, and other discomforts of pregnancy in Chapter 7. From the latest information on vitamin and mineral supplements and exercise to advice on losing weight after your baby is born, this handy book covers it all.
- Author(s)ADA (American Dietetic Association),Elizabeth M. Ward
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication09/12/1998
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleNutrition Now Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight134 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.