All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtilising her wealth of material and experience, Raphael-Leff explores various aspects of 'the inside story' of pregnancy. She answers such questions as: What meanings does childbearing have in the internal world? How does a pregnant woman live with two people under her skin? What is the expectant partner's experience? Which dreams, fears and fantasies proliferate around pregnancy and birth?
- Author BiographyJoan Raphael-Leff, PhD, psychoanalyst (fellow, British Psychoanalytical Society) and social psychologist, leads the UCL/Anna Freud Centre academic faculty for psychoanalytic research. Previously, she was head of University College London's MSc in Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology, and professor of psychoanalysis at the Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex. For 35 years she has specialized in emotional issues of reproduction and early parenting, with more than 100 single-author peer-reviewed publications, and twelve books. Founder and first international chair of COWAP (IPA's Committee on Women and Psychoanalysis) in 1998, she provides training for practitioners working with teenage parents, and is consultant to perinatal and women's projects in many high and low income countries.
- Author(s)Joan Raphael-Leff
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.