All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWiltshire contains some of the most important archaeological sites in Britain.Its Prehistoric remains include the breath-taking Stonehenge, awesome stone circle at Avebury , the enigma of Silbury Hill and a large number of hillforts. Among these important sites are also found smaller, perhaps lesser-kwn monuments of the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages, including the King Barrow cemetery and Woodhenge. Bob Clarke, author of numerous books on military archaeology and history, takes us on a tour of the prehistoric sites in this archaeologically-rich county, using aerial photography and outstanding images, which accompany the informative text. All proceeds from this book go to the Wiltshire Archaeological & Natural History Society's appeal to update the current Bronze Age Gallery at the museum in Devizes.
- Author BiographyScarborough born Bob Clarke is a well known archaeologist and speaker. A great advocate of public archaeology, he presents to a number of national groups annually and has published many books covering the archaeology and history of the British Defence Landscape specialising in the Cold War. Bob holds the post of Review Editor for the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is currently lecturing on archaeological and Twentieth-Century historical matters at a number of educational establishments.
- Author(s)Bob Clarke
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content NoteApprox 143 illustrations, 121 in colour
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.