All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA ted educator's account of some of the more stimulating and surprising branches of mathematics, this volume profiles the mathematical mind and the aims of mathematics. Five introductory chapters offer conceptual groundwork, and subsequent chapters present lucid, accessible explorations of n-Euclidean geometry, matrices, determinants, group theory, and related topics. 1955 edition.
- Author BiographyA prolific author who sought to make math interesting and accessible to all, W. W. Sawyer (1911-2008) was a professor at the University of Toronto for more than three decades. Dover has reprinted his The Mathematician's Delight, which has been in print continuously since 1943 and has sold over 500,000 copies.
- Author(s)W. W. Sawyer
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/1983
- Series TitleDover Books on Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.