All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Orthodox Church's hymns of the prefeast and feast of the Nativity of our Lord celebrate and proclaim in word and song the celestial joy of the incarnation. These beloved texts, so wonderfully illustrated by Niko Chocheli, are filled with beauty and power. They tell in a touching way of the all-embracing participation of creatures in the Creator's coming. Niko Chocheli was born in Tbilsi, Republic of Georgia. He started to draw at the age of four. Mr. Chocheli graduated with hors from both Tbilisi Nikoladze Art College and Tbilisi State Academy of Fine Arts. His work is reminiscent of the style of the old masters, which he has studied for over sixteen years, and his concentration is in Orthodox icography. Mr. Chocheli has received many awards for his artistic achievements throughout Europe. His work has been exhibited in both Europe and the United States and in many private collections. Awarded permanent residency status by the U.S. government as 'Alien of Extraordinary Abilities,' Mr. Chocheli is an associate professor of art at LaSalle University, Philadelphia, and is a member of the Orthodox Church.
- Author(s)Niko Chocheli
- PublisherSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationCrestwood, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.