All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for administrators and human resources professionals responsible for hiring educators, Preparing Educators for Online Learning offers a compelling look into the world of online educator preparation. As more and more educator preparation programs move part or all of their training online, hiring professionals need insight into the design and characteristics of quality online programs and how those translate into quality prospective employees. Framed by viewpoints and commentary from practicing administrators and HR specialists, as well as online professors and students, Preparing Educators for Online Learning , offers an explication of the components of a quality online program, research related to the effectiveness of online training, assessments for quality candidates, possible hiring guidelines and interview approaches, and commentary on the implications for educators, including higher education institutions and PK-12 schools, both w and going forward.
- Author BiographyStacy Hendricks (Ed.D., Texas A&M-Commerce), formerly the Director of Academic Initiatives in Curriculum and Instruction in a public school district, is currently an assistant professor at Stephen F. Austin State University where she teaches in the Principal Preparation Program. Her research interests include educational leadership, principal preparation effectiveness, online learning, and mentoring. Scott Bailey (Ed.D., Stephen F. Austin State University) a former principal, is currently an assistant professor at Stephen F. Austin State University, where he teaches in the Principal Preparation Program and the doctoral program for educational leadership. His research interests include examining the efficacy of online instruction, campus-based school reform efforts, improving the professional development of school personnel, and promoting advocacy for marginalized students.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note2 black & white halftones
- Weight467 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byScott Bailey,Stacy L. Hendricks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.