All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreparing Effective Teachers of Reading will show educators and administrators (K-12 and higher education) how a higher education initiative used collaboration and partnerships to respond to one of the greatest needs facing the nation - improving the reading achievement of poor and minority children. The book will also provide readers with a forum for understanding scientifically-based reading research (SBRR) and instruction, and the five essential components of reading. In addition, the book will showcase, through evaluation findings and a case study, how diverse geographic, ethnic, and racial institutions are creating national models for bridging the achievement gap in reading, teaching reading, preparing new teachers, and engaging key stake-holders by transforming curricula and syllabi, establishing reading centers, and providing directed teaching and tutoring experiences for candidates.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Boyce C. Williams is Vice President at the National Counsel for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and founding Project Director and Principal Investigator for the Reading First Teacher Education Network (RFTEN). She served as Project Director of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Technical Support Network as well as Project Director for the NCATE/National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Partnership for Graduate Programs. Dr. Williams earned her Ph.D. in counseling psychology from Michigan State University. She served as editor of the book Reforming Teacher Education through Accreditation: Telling Our Story, and has authored numerous articles and monographs on issues related to quality teacher preparation and student learning, accountability, assessment and diversity.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight270 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBoyce C. Williams
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.